Why Choose SERVPRO for Fire or Water Damage Cleanup and Restoration
Ready to help your business, whatever happens.
When disaster happens within your business it’s important to know who to call. SERVPRO of Oxford, Batesville, Clarksdale works to exceed customers’ expectations and be ready for when you need us most.
7 Reasons Why You Should Choose SERVPRO
- 24-Hour Emergency Response
Rapid response is crucial to controlling damage, downtime and recovery costs and when you choose SERVPRO.
- You’re informed from start to finish
Communication helps keep everyone informed and puts nerves at ease during more stressful times. You will be aware of the job status and progress along the way to completion.
- Shorter Recovery Time
We understand anytime your business’ doors are closed, there is a negative impact on everyone. We arrive to the site as quickly as possible and begin mitigation. This allows cleanup and restoration to happen in an efficient time which will have your doors open as soon as possible.
- Saves You Money
When our team is able to properly restore items to preloss conditions not only saves you money on replacing those items, it also salvages treasured belongings.
- Already Have A Plan In Place Before Disaster Strikes
Businesses that take advantage of our Emergency Response Profile (ERP) will already have a plan of action at their fingertips in the event of an emergency situation. This lessens some of the stress because you already have a plan of action.
- Array of services for your cleanup needs
You do not have to find more vendors to clean your carpets, or remove the water, or deodorize, or clean your hard floors. SERVPRO offers those services and more so you don’t have to call numerous places and schedule all these different services.
- National leader in large loss response teams
There are over 1,600 SERVPRO’s nationwide all ready to help you in your time of crisis. This means that when disaster strikes not only is SERVPRO there but they have resources within their network of franchises to help as well.
Why Bleach Doesn't Kill Mold
We build containment to protect your business as we begin the mold removal process.
Bleach has always been a staple cleaning agent that can do wonders on stains and killing germs. One common misconception about bleach is that it should be used to remove mold.
Why You Don’t Want To Use Bleach To Kill Mold
- It promotes mold growth on porous surfaces because bleach is made up of about 90% water
- It only removes the color, leaving the roots that will continue to grow
- The EPA and OSHA both advise against using bleach
- Bleach can also be harmful for surfaces. (It will weaken wood and corrode metal)
- Bleach is harmful to your skin, lungs, and eyes
- Mixing Bleach with other cleaners (acids) increases its corrosive nature
- Bleach loses its sanitizing agent when it’s mixed with an organic material
In every mold remediation job we encounter, we follow the IICRC recommended protocol for safe mold removal. This ensures the killing of the mold you see and can’t see.
Finding mold in your home or business can be scary, if you have questions about mold in the Oxford, Batesville, Clarksdale area call SERVPRO at 662-281-1881
Protecting Your Pets From Storms
Keep these fury family members safe during storms!
Many people have evacuation plans and emergency kits ready for their families when crisis hits, but do you have a plan for your four-legged family members. Having a plan for pets during these stressful times takes some of the unknown fears out of the equation.
Use these tips to have your pets ready:
The first step is to have a plan in place with storms and other natural disasters happen. Have a place in mind to go and supplies ready.
- Don’t Deter From The Plan
If you decide to leave town because of potential warnings or safety, GO! Don’t re-evaluate the plan or go back and forth on what you should do, this costs you valuable time.
This should be very similar for the one you make for you and your family. It should include food and water, plastic bags, puppy pads/litterbox, leash and information in case you get separated.
Your pet can sense your emotions and you demeanor can positively or negatively affect them. Use a calm voice and be attentive during this time.
Once the storm passes and everyone is okay and accounted for, assess structural damage. If you need help in cases of water or fire, give SERVPRO of Oxford, Batesville, Clarksdale a call 662-281-1881.
How To Avoid Fires At Your Oxford, MS Barbeque
Quick tips to ensure fire safety while grilling
One of many peoples favorite summer pastime is grilling. It’s something fun to bring friends and family together and spend time outside in the warmer months. Whether it’s hot dogs, hamburgers or steaks your main focus when using a grill is safety. Here are some tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
- Propane and charcoal grills should only be used outdoors
- Place your grill far enough away from your home, deck railings and overhanging branches
- Never leave a grill unattended
- Keeps people and pets away from the grill
- Use long-handled utensils made for grilling
- Make sure you have a clean grill before beginning cooking (remove grease or fat build up)
Please follow these safety guidelines to avoid making your cookout memorable for all the wrong reasons. Happy grilling!!
When Storms Strike SERVPRO's Teams Are Ready
SERVPRO of Oxford, Batesville, Clarksdale is part of the Disaster Recovery Team that is always here to help!
Spring and summer for many Oxford, Batesville, and Clarksdale residents means trips to the beach. It’s a great break to get away and enjoy a little sun and sand when kids are out of school and parents need a vacation. One thing that can alter plans while at the beach is rain storms, tropical storms and even hurricanes.
The official Atlantic hurricane season lasts from June 1 through November 30. The majority of the storms hit during what is called “peak season”, which is between the months of August and October. The Climate Prediction Center classifies hurricane seasons each year based on how active they believe it will be. This year they are predicting what they refer to as an above-normal hurricane season in the Atlantic. Above normal means that they predict between 12 and 28 tropical storms and between 7 to 17 hurricanes during the 2017 hurricane season.
Things to keep in mind when at the beach during bad weather:
- Listen to lifeguards and check caution flags
- Check weather stations and websites
- Use rainy days for shopping and other inside activities
For peace of mind remember when a storm or disaster strikes, SERVPRO’s Disaster Recovery Team® is poised and “Ready for whatever happens.” With a network of over 1,600 Franchises, the SERVPRO® System strives to be faster to any size disaster. Strategically located throughout the United States allowing for a faster response time, SERVPRO’s Disaster Recovery Team®, is trained and equipped to handle the largest storms and highest flood waters.
Annual LOU 4th of July Celebration in Oxford, MS
The Chamber of Commerce continues to unite a team of volunteers to partner with the City of Oxford, Lafayette County, and the University of Mississippi for the Annual LOU 4th of July Community Celebration. This year’s committee was spearheaded by committee chair Meredith Rawl, from local agency Family Crisis Services of Northwest Mississippi, Inc. Family Crisis is a victim service organization providing intervention services to individuals, as well as family support services and prevention education.
The LOU 4th of July committee’s intention is to create a full day of events for the citizen’s of our area to come together and celebrate our community, our military, our veterans and America’s hard-won freedoms.
4th of July Committee
Teresa Adams, Wayne Andrews, Jimmy Algood, Gail Brown, Bill DeJournett, Denny Buchannon, Thelma Curry, Lea Anne & Kevin Griffin, Dennis Irwin, Ashley Jones, Katie Kaiser, Jeff McCutchen, Ethan Peterson, Pam Swain, and Jessica Windham. Would you like to get involved? We are looking for VOLUNTEERS!
2017 Schedule of Events
Thursday, June 29th
- 7-11 p.m. 5th Annual Firecracker Bash, presented by Leap Frog
- Venue: The Powerhouse
- The Bouffants are returning this year!
- Mr. and Mrs. America Crowning!
- Performance by Leap Frog Students!!!
- Bottom-less Beer Cups, provided by Yalobusha Brewery
- Silent Auction
- Casual Dress
- Ticket prices: $25, all proceeds benefit Leap Frog
- Tickets may be purchased at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church or at the door
Tuesday, July 4th (THE BIG DAY)
- 7:30 a.m.: “Stars & Stripes on the Square” 5K Classic to benefit the Oxford Lafayette Humane Society Join our facebook page!
- 8:30 a.m.: Fun Run
- 9:30 a.m.: LOU 4th of July Children’s Parade on the Square, lineup begins at 9 a.m. by Something Southern. Parade registration 2017
- 4 p.m.- Nightfall: Activities in the Grove at Ole Miss
- Activities include: Live Music and Food Vendors Vendor Application
- Children’s Area, featuring: Petting Zoo, Train Rides, Bounce Houses, Face Painting, Balloon Art
- 4-5 p.m. – LOU Community Band
- 5:30 p.m. – Inaugural Independence Day Pageant Click for Details
- 6:30 p.m.: Independence Day Ceremony in the Grove, a moment to reflect on the occasion and honor our local service men and women. Parade awards announced.
- 7 -8:15 p.m.: Music in the Grove
- 7:30 p.m.: Gates open to the Oxford University Stadium (Swayze Field) for a $2 donation, proceeds going to the 2018 4th of July Celebration. No coolers. Refreshments will be available for purchase. Local films will be shown on the stadium screen prior to fireworks.
- 9 p.m. (Nightfall): Fireworks Presentation over Oxford-University Stadium-Swayze Field. Fireworks sponsored by Olin-Winchester. The show will be 20 minutes. Please take care to note the perimeter is marked for safety.
The LOU 4th of July Committee is presented by the Oxford-Lafayette County Chamber of Commerce.
Oxford, Batesville, Clarksdale Residents: Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
Be careful! Without proper training, you could be spreading mold throughout your home.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Oxford, Batesville, Clarksdale for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Oxford, Batesville, Clarksdale specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 662-281-1881
Here To Help With Your Oxford Business Renovations
Wildrose Kennels' puppies playing with our SERVPRO green ducks.
We spend a lot of our time at SERVPRO of Oxford, Batesville, Clarksdale assisting customers in times of emergency. Whether it’s for a water loss or maybe a fire, it’s usually something unexpected. However, not only are we trained to help in times of unpredicted incidents but we’re also there to help with planned construction and renovations.
This month we had the pleasure of helping a local business prepare their facility for renovations. Wildrose Kennels is a premier breeding and training facility in Oxford, MS. Wildrose specializes in Labradors of British and Irish influence. They pride themselves in their ability to produce a Gentleman’s Gundog. Wildrose describes their training by using what they call The Wildrose Way. It is such a sought after training that people come from all over the country to acquire one of their dogs.
The project we worked with them, concentrated on prepping their puppy house for upcoming renovations. We helped them prepare for the building contractor they had scheduled by taking the puppy house down to its bare structure. This allowed them to be ahead of the game when construction started the following week.
Initially we planned to be there for 5 days but were able to complete the job in 3. The staff there was more than helpful during our time there, even allowing us to spend some quality time with the new puppies. They were also pleased that we were able to complete our portion of their renovation process early so they could get a jump start on upgrade.
If you need help in preparing for a renovation or upgrading a residential or commercial building please call SERVPRO of Oxford, Batesville, Clarksdale at 662-281-1881.
SERVPRO of Oxford, Batesville Clarksdale For All Your Commercial Cleaning Needs
From carpets to catastrophes, when you need it done right and done fast, call SERVPRO of Oxford, Batesville, Clarksdale. Not only is our team qualified for whatever job you may need but when you hire SERVPRO you get around-the-clock restoration services. If you find yourself in a situation where you can’t figure out how to get the job done, our trained professionals are here to help. When you experience a fire, water or mold damage in your facility you need fast response and expertise to get the job done right, and to ensure you are back into operation as quickly as possible.
What SERVPRO of Oxford, Batesville, Clarksdale Professionals Can Do For You:
- Fire, Smoke and Soot Cleanup and Restoration
- Water Removal and Dehumidification
- Crime Scene, Biohazard and Vandalism Cleanup
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
- Air Duct and HVAC Cleaning
- Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaning and Care
- Stain Removal, Stain Resistance Applications
- Odor Identification and Deodorization
- Upholstery and Drapes Cleaning
No matter your needs, expect the most reliable information as well as the best service. We are committed to providing fire and water cleanup and restoration services to reduce business interruptions and recovery costs. No damage is too big or too small.
Call us today 662-281-1881
Quick Response Is Crucial in Restoration After A Fire
This is the bathroom after the fire.
The First 48 hours after a fire, damage can make the difference between restoring versus replacing your property and personal belongings. Allowing SERVPRO of Oxford, Batesville, Clarksdale to assist you can help prevent fire damage turning into long-term problems. Our team’s timely response will help increase the chances of your property, belongings and memories being returned to preloss conditions.
What You Can Do Until Help Arrives
- Limit movement in home to help prevent spreading of soot particles
- Place clean towels or linens on rugs, high traffic areas, and upholstery
- Coat chrome faucets, trim and appliances with petroleum jelly or oil
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet
- Do not wash walls or painted surfaces
- Do not shampoo carpet
- Do not clean any electrical equipment
- Do not send apparel or other textiles to dry cleaners since improper cleaning may set smoke
At SERVPRO of Oxford, Batesville, Clarksdale we know there’s a range of emotions after a fire. Our team of expertise is here to help restore not only your home but your peace of mind. SERVPRO of Oxford, Batesville, Clarksdale is available 24-hours a day, 365 days a year to help.