Tips For Closing Your Pool Down For Fall
The end of summer is always bittersweet. It means less pool days but that also means cooler temperatures. Because we do have such hot summers, many homes in the south also have pools. With all of the fun a pool brings it also comes with responsibilities such as closing it down for the cooler months.
If you have a pool at your home and are getting ready to close it for the fall and winter months, here are some tips:
- Insulate any pipes that may be exposed
- Take any floats, ropes, toys from the pool and store inside
- Remove any diving boards, railings, or ladders to reduce weathering
- Install a pool cover to protect it from debris
- Lock all gates and access points to ensure there are not entrances left open
These are just a few of the steps to take to not only prolong the life of your pool and pool accessories but also ways to keep your pool safe for you and non-swimmers that may visit.