Be Prepared for a Hurricane
It is important to be prepared for fall storms. Extreme fall weather, such as hurricanes can cause unexpected damage, so knowing what to expect can help you be prepared.
Torrential downpours, extreme winds, floods and power outages are just a few of the effects of a hurricane. According to NASA, hurricanes are the most violent storms on Earth. A hurricane is fueled by just two things; heat and water. This is a dangerous combination and causes horrendous damage.
A few tips to help you “stormproof” your home are:
- Trimming trees or removing damaged trees and limbs
- Make sure your rain gutters are free of debris and fixed in place
- Reinforcing the roof, doors and windows
- Have a power generator and fuel ready
- Build a “safe room” to take shelter during a hurricane
It is also important to have supplies ready and on hand
- A three-day supply of non-perishable food
- Gallon of water per person for three days
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- First aid kit
If you or your family suffer damages from a hurricane, call SERVPRO. We are always “here to help.”