If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (662) 281-1881

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Tips on ways to prevent electrical fire

10/15/2018 (Permalink)

Cause of Loss in Oxford home due to faulty electrical on the aquarium.

Some of the most common reasons for fires in homes include cooking equipment, heating, candles, and faulty wiring. We at SERVPRO see all kinds of reasons and recently had a fire cleanup at a home here in Oxford that was caused by the aquarium. Yes, the wiring to the aquarium became too hot and caused the unit to catch fire. Unfortunately, the homeowners were not able to catch it in time and severe damage occurred. We were called out to help the homeowners clean up the structure and contents of the home and remove any odors caused from the fire.

Tips to prevent electrical fire:

  • Make sure all electrical outlets are fitted and tight to the wall
  • Do not tamper with electrical plugs
  • Use surge protector fur multi plugs
  • Replace any frayed or cracked electrical cords
  • Use extension cords as a temporary solution
  • Keep electrical cords away from carpets and water

And, if you do have a fire, call SERVPRO of Oxford/Batesville/Clarksdale.

Other News

View Recent Posts