Prevent Carpet Mold After Water Damage
If your home has experienced water damage, mold can quickly become an issue. It does not take much water for mold to begin forming. This is especially true for surfaces such as carpet. Here are 5 steps for preventing mold in your carpets after water damage:
- Remove water as quickly as possible: Use a wet/dry vacuum to clean up as much water as soon as possible.
- Use fans to speed up carpet drying process: It can take several days for fans to completely dry a water-damaged area.
- Use a de-humidifier to dry out the room: these machines remove excessive moisture, which makes the air feel cooler and limits mold and mildew growth.
- Steam clean carpet and flooring
- Sanitize walls and baseboards: anything touched by storm water should be sanitized. Clean all walls, hard-surface floors and other household surfaces with soap and water.
Often the best choice to ensure these steps are followed is to hire a professional remediation company. Here at SERVPRO we have a specialized team of technicians that are eager to help you restore the flooring in your home or determine if it is unsalvageable. Call us at 662-281-1881 for help!