Annual LOU 4th of July Celebration in Oxford, MS
The Chamber of Commerce continues to unite a team of volunteers to partner with the City of Oxford, Lafayette County, and the University of Mississippi for the Annual LOU 4th of July Community Celebration. This year’s committee was spearheaded by committee chair Meredith Rawl, from local agency Family Crisis Services of Northwest Mississippi, Inc. Family Crisis is a victim service organization providing intervention services to individuals, as well as family support services and prevention education.
The LOU 4th of July committee’s intention is to create a full day of events for the citizen’s of our area to come together and celebrate our community, our military, our veterans and America’s hard-won freedoms.
4th of July Committee
Teresa Adams, Wayne Andrews, Jimmy Algood, Gail Brown, Bill DeJournett, Denny Buchannon, Thelma Curry, Lea Anne & Kevin Griffin, Dennis Irwin, Ashley Jones, Katie Kaiser, Jeff McCutchen, Ethan Peterson, Pam Swain, and Jessica Windham. Would you like to get involved? We are looking for VOLUNTEERS!
2017 Schedule of Events
Thursday, June 29th
- 7-11 p.m. 5th Annual Firecracker Bash, presented by Leap Frog
- Venue: The Powerhouse
- The Bouffants are returning this year!
- Mr. and Mrs. America Crowning!
- Performance by Leap Frog Students!!!
- Bottom-less Beer Cups, provided by Yalobusha Brewery
- Silent Auction
- Casual Dress
- Ticket prices: $25, all proceeds benefit Leap Frog
- Tickets may be purchased at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church or at the door
Tuesday, July 4th (THE BIG DAY)
- 7:30 a.m.: “Stars & Stripes on the Square” 5K Classic to benefit the Oxford Lafayette Humane Society Join our facebook page!
- 8:30 a.m.: Fun Run
- 9:30 a.m.: LOU 4th of July Children’s Parade on the Square, lineup begins at 9 a.m. by Something Southern. Parade registration 2017
- 4 p.m.- Nightfall: Activities in the Grove at Ole Miss
- Activities include: Live Music and Food Vendors Vendor Application
- Children’s Area, featuring: Petting Zoo, Train Rides, Bounce Houses, Face Painting, Balloon Art
- 4-5 p.m. – LOU Community Band
- 5:30 p.m. – Inaugural Independence Day Pageant Click for Details
- 6:30 p.m.: Independence Day Ceremony in the Grove, a moment to reflect on the occasion and honor our local service men and women. Parade awards announced.
- 7 -8:15 p.m.: Music in the Grove
- 7 p.m.: Honey & Boots http://www.honeyboyandboots.com/
- 7:30 p.m.-8:15 p.m.: Rocket 88, HEADLINER http://www.rocket88music.com
- 7:30 p.m.: Gates open to the Oxford University Stadium (Swayze Field) for a $2 donation, proceeds going to the 2018 4th of July Celebration. No coolers. Refreshments will be available for purchase. Local films will be shown on the stadium screen prior to fireworks.
- 9 p.m. (Nightfall): Fireworks Presentation over Oxford-University Stadium-Swayze Field. Fireworks sponsored by Olin-Winchester. The show will be 20 minutes. Please take care to note the perimeter is marked for safety.
The LOU 4th of July Committee is presented by the Oxford-Lafayette County Chamber of Commerce.