2018 Hurricane Season
Hurricane season is described as a continuous event in the formation of tropical cyclones in the Northern Hemisphere. The season officially began on June 1, 2018 and will end on November 30, 2018. This is the period of time they are most likely however, it is possible at any time of the year.
This seasons forecast is to be a average for 2018 with a total of 11 named storms, 4 hurricanes and only 1 major hurricane. These numbers are because of the continued cooling in the Atlantic and an increasing chance of El Nino forming later in the year.
Here’s some tips from FEMA on how to prepare for future hurricanes:
- Know what you should do before, during and after a hurricane
- Create an emergency communication plan with your family
- Know your local community’s evacuation plans
- Check your insurance coverage
- Have emergency supplies at home
- Download the FEMA mobile app