If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (662) 281-1881

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Fire Hazards In Your Bathroom

7/13/2018 (Permalink)

Fire damage in a bathroom at a Batesville, MS home.

Household fires can be devastating. They can destroy your home and memories in minutes. Many fire hazards exist in your home and should be regularly inspected as well as maintained to prevent these hazards from turning into an actual fire. One of these places is the exhaust fan/vent in your bathroom. Exhaust fans are used to help prevent steam on mirrors, damp walls and fogged windows as well as removing odors. If not cleaned properly, overtime they build up lint which can cause the motor to overheat and ignite the lint. Here are some ways you can prevent this:

  1. Make sure you follow your manufacturers recommendations for cleaning and add the exhaust fans to your regular cleaning schedule.
  2. When you clean make sure you also take the fan cover off and remove lint from around the motor, even washing it in warm soapy water.
  3. If your fan shows any signs of heat damage, make sure you replace immediately.
  4. These bathroom fans should only be used for brief periods of time such as during a shower. Make it a habit to turn them off when their job is done.

SERVPRO of Oxford/Batesville/Clarksdale is here to help. If you suffer from any time of fire or smoke damage in your home or business, please call our professional team at 662-281-1881 to help.

Other News

View Recent Posts